I learnt more in a morning about British hams than in my previous five years in retailing
This comment was made by one satisfied deli owner after attending this interesting and entertaining full days' training seminar. Following in the footsteps of the successful UK Cheese Guild training programme, this course tackles hams and charcuterie and is designed to help develop knowledge and build confidence.
This course is a must for all retailers, buyers and those involved in the supply trade.
Charcuterie dates for 2013
|Monday September 30
|Monday October 7
|Monday October 21
Members of The Guild of Fine Food just £70 plus VAT (£84.00)
Non-members £95 plus VAT (£114.00).
NB. Unfortunately we have had to introduce a £10 plus VAT (£12) surcharge for London training dates due to higher venue costs.
Please e-mail Linda Farrand if you have any queries or download an application form.
Read the Charcuterie supplement here
On this informative and entertaining training seminar you will:
- Learn about the importance of the way the pig is reared in determining quality
- Understand the various curing techniques
- Understand the difference between mass produced and artisan
- Appreciate the impact of tumbling, added water, dry and wet cured and comminuted meats.
- Discover the best ranges to stock and the stories that encourage sales.
- Acquire skills in cutting, storing and selling
Five good reasons why you and your staff should attend this seminar:
- Improve the quality of your hams and charcuterie
- Reduce wastage
- Increase sales
- Reduce staff turnover and increase motivation
- Create better customer loyalty
Learn the five key ways to increase sales
- Locating interesting meats
- Educating the customer
- Pro-active selling techniques
- Charcuterie counters that work
- Continuous comparative tastings