UK Cheese Guild
Read the Fine Food Digest
Cheese supplement here
Training is the key to independent success
Capitalise on the two major differences between independent fine food retailers and the supermarkets: the best selection of quality cheese and staff who can talk intelligently to customers about them. You can increase cheese sales by as much as 17 per cent, we know many stores that have done just this after attending the Guild's invaluable cheese training course.
You can only achieve this increase with:
* an exciting range of high quality artisan cheeses.
* and professionally trained staff (including you) capable of selling these cheeses.
Do what the supermarkets don't do – train everyone in your store
The United Kingdom Cheese Guild is the only professional, NVQ accredited training programme for everyone involved in cheese retailing.
Cheese dates for 2013
|Tuesday June 25
|Monday July 1
||West Retford, Notts
|Wednesday July 3
Members of The Guild of Fine Food just £70 plus VAT (£84.00)
Non-members £95 plus VAT (£114.00).
NB. Unfortunately we have had to introduce a £10 plus VAT (£12) surcharge for London training dates due to higher venue costs.
Please e-mail Linda Farrand if you have any queries or download an application form.
Who should attend these one day seminars?
- Deli Owners
- Farm Shop Owners
- Trainee Buyers
- All cheese counter staff - whether experience or junior
- Anyone working with cheese in a retail environment
What will you learn.
- The five golden rules for increasing cheese sales
- How to select the best cheeses and create the best counter
- How to avoid bad quality cheese
- How to sell proactively rather than reactively
Five good reasons why you and all your staff should attend
- Improve cheese quality
- Reduce stock wastage
- Increase sales
- Reduce staff turnover and increase motivation
- Create better customer loyalty